Wednesday 24 August 2016

Upcoming Genomics conferences in the UK

It is almost time for the kick off at Genome Science, probably the best organised academic conference in the UK. It runs from August 30th to September 1st next week and sadly I can't be there (just returned from holidays and too much going on). You can hear from a wide range of speakers in a jam packed agenda. This year it is hosted by the University of Liverpool, and the evening entertainment comes from Beatles Tribute Band “The Cheatles”!

What other conferences are available for Genomics in the UK, and which one should you attend if you too can't make it over to Liverpool? The Wellcome Trust Genome Campus is holding their first Single Cell Genomics conference from September 9th (sold-out I'm afraid). Personally I thought that the London Festival of Genomics was excellent and I've high hopes for the January 2017 meeting. 

Often it is word of mouth that brings a conference to my attention, but there are a couple of resources out there to help.
  • AllSeq maintain a list of conferences.
  • GenomeWeb has a similar list, but it seems less focused than AllSeq.
  • NextGenSeek has a list for 2016, but nothing on the cards for 2017 yet.
  • Nature has an events page (searchable) that lists 50 upcoming NGS conferences.

PS: please do let me know if you've particular recommendations on conferences to attend. And do get in touch with the groups above to list your conference on their sites.

PPS: If you can justify it then the HVP/HUGO Variant Detection Training Course - "Variant Effect Prediction" running from 31st October 2016 is in Heraklion, Crete - a beautiful place to learn!

3 comments:

  1. REUNITE YOUR MARRIAGE, RELATIONSHIP,SUCCESSFUL LOTTERY SPELL RESULTS, CURE ALL KINDS OF DISEASE AND WEAK ERECTION

    Stop asking for another chance, stop questioning what you could have done differently, and – most importantly – stop second-guessing your own self-worth. Once you Come Back To My Spell is performed, the balance of desire will shift and your lover will be begging you to take him or her back. This Love Spell Could Work For You!Bring back the good times. Think about the happiest time in your relationship, and i can make it happen again. You deserve to be happy.

    Are you looking for ultimate spells that works effectively same time on your problems, ranges from Love spells, marriage spells, and carrier related problems, witchcraft spells, charms, portion, talismans, magical oils / powders, protection, legal court cases, business prosperity spell, Gay and lesbian extreme love / attraction spells, women of the night Norton accruing powders and oil for extreme ecstasy and protection with in working ordeals.

    My powerful lottery spells, will bring you the huge wins, and jackpots you desire and need. I work my lottery spells, to bring great luck. The power of my lottery spells, works on you, so there are no special numbers needed to play, or certain patterns. Just play one ticket on the lottery of your choice, and the powerful lottery spell will handle the rest. Whether you play Power-ball, Mega Millions, daily drawings or sweepstakes. I have a powerful lottery spell, to help you. Working with my spirit guides, to clear bad luck, and infuse you with good luck and positive energy energy. The power of my lottery spells, brings luck, and wins fast. Clearing paths with-in the universe, for money and great luck to reach you. These powerful spell castings, will be successful in bringing the lottery wins, to change your life.

    Email: POTENTIALSPELLTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM

    OR


    POTENTIALSPELLTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good, its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because, they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end.
    UNIX Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM HERE TO TESTIFY ON HOW Dr ZULU(GREAT SPELL CASTER) HELPED ME TO WIN A LOTTERY. I am Liubov Nikonets. I won EuroMillions Millionaire Raffle prize of 1,000,000 on Dec 2016, I took an advice from some person who talked about this great spell caster, the person placed a testimony on a blog saying how this priest helped him win the lottery by sending him the winning numbers , I was curious and I thought it was all joke not until I contacted this spell caster to know for myself how this workS because I had spent alots buying tickets and I never won. I contacted him and he told me the necessary things needed to be done and I did just as he said and he told me to wait for just 3 days, on the 3rd day he gave me the winning numbers to play the lottery which i did, Can you believe my name was the first among winners. He told me my son all i need you to do for me is make sure that you share this testimony to others in need of help so that they can also win the lottery. I am sharing this testimony with everyone who needs help to win lottery. Contact this great priest through his email address Zuluspelltemple@yahoo.com or call and WhatsApp him on +2347067468416 and your financial problem will be solved forever just as

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.